ГДЗ до підручника «Англійська мова» О.Д. Карп’юк. 9 клас
P. 211, ex. 2
a) was made ... was taken place ... was written ... was shown ... saw ... wrote.
b) got ... took ... left ... was gone ... was it stolen ... was shocked ... was informed ... called ... were questioned ... found ... was borrowed.
P. 212, ex. 4
1. is called; 2. is celebrated; 3. was fought; 4. were made ... were played; 5. was shot; 6. was signed; 7. was declared; 8. was destroyed; 9. was given; 10. is visited; 11. is called; 12. was invented; 13. were produced; 14. was created; 15. was exported; 16. were held.
P. 217, ex. 1
Madam Tussaud’s is the most popular and talked about wax museum in the world. There are wax models of the famous and infamous, both living and dead, from every walk of life.
Elvis Presley, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Marilyn Monro, Michael Jackson, Alfred Hitchcock, Charlie Chaplin, the British Royal family, Bill Clinton, Jack the Ripper... There is no other place where you can see all the celebrities at once, even if they are only wax figures. The museum is situated in Marylebone Road, not far from the street which is famous as the home of the first great detective in fiction, Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes.
There’s usually a long queue in front of the museum. No wonder! Many tourists would consider their trip to London worthless if they didn’t visit the famous Madam Tussaud’s. There are several halls at Madam Tussaud’s.
The wax figures are standing and sitting, and sometimes even moving and talking. They are extremely realistic and when they look at you, their eyes sparkling, you often feel uncomfortable in their company. Computer controlled figures are especially popular with the visitors.
P. 220-222, ex. 13
1. about 80 AD;
2. about 200 AD;
3. By 1086;
4. In the early 19th century;
5. Because it is really unique;
6. Yes, it is;
7. It stands on the River Irwell;
8. It is famous for its wool and cotton industries.