ГДЗ до підручника «Англійська мова» О.Д. Карп’юк. 9 клас
P. 162, ex. 5a
Earth Day is an event celebrated every year on the 22nd of April. The event is held worldwide to celebrate support for protection of the environment, and has continuously drawn more and more people in each subsequent year. Earth Day brings attention to a large number of issues in requirement of attention. Earth day was founded by United States Senator Gaylord Nelson on April 22, 1970 to focus on issues related to environment. April 22nd was chosen because it did not conflict with any religious holidays, and was on a week where students were free from exams and were more likely to be in class. Each major event has also hosted a high number of increasingly thrilling activities, throughout Earth Day’s forty year history.
P. 164, ex. 7a
How to keep your city clean?
Everyday we each witness some form of littering or defacing of public and private property. Yet we turn a blind eye to it and adopt a “don’t care, it’s not my problem attitude.” We forget that there are simple things that we can do to ensure the natural beauty of our cities are preserved.
1. Don’t litter! If you ate a banana or a packet of chips in your own home you wouldn’t discard the peel or packet in the middle of your living room would you? The same concept applies. Throw it in the trash cans provided.
2. Educate people around you regarding unclean habits. Start with your kids and work your way up to your elders. Teach them the importance of safely disposing of certain items and how it will decrease the risk of sickness in your community.
3. Pick up trash! If you see it, pick it up, it will not kill you!
4. Recycle! Make extra cash from your trash! These are just a few tips on how to keep your area clean. Be proactive! Its awful to live in filth and then complain about the municipality when you are creating the filth on your own! Be a decent human!
P. 167, ex. 2
How are you doing? In your letter you asked me about how Ukrainians take care of their cities. We don’t have to be a genius to be aware of global environmental mess we created over the years. The easiest thing we can do for our planet is recycling. We should grow some of our own food to be healthy. Poor people usually have limited access to a variety of things, such as: food, clothing, shelter, etc. This can result in starvation, poor health, and even humiliation. By helping poor people get what they need, you will be decreasing the amount of suffering in the world. I and my classmates do this from time to time. Write me about your activities you take part in. See you soon/
P. 168, ex. 1
1. invention; 2. discoveries; 3. invented; 4. invented; 5. invented; 6. discover; 7. invention; 8. discovered; 9. invention.
P. 169, ex. 3
1. The first calculating machine was invented by Charles Babbage in 1812.
2. Electronic current was discovered by Michael Faraday in 1826.
3. A petrol-driven car was built by Karl Benz in 1885.
4. The law of gravitation was discovered by Isaac Newton in 1665.
5. The electric light bulb was invented by Thomas Edison in 1879.
Цей контент створено завдяки Міністерству освіти і науки України