ГДЗ до підручника «Англійська мова» О.Д. Карп’юк. 9 клас
P. 151-152, ex. 9a
1. garbage; 2. rainforest; 3. the Earth; 4. environmental problems; 5. nuclear testing; 6. pollution; 7. energy; 8. animals in danger; 9. ecology.
P. 156, ex. 6a
1. g; 2. f; 3. h; 4. a; 5. b; 6. c; 7. d; 8. e.
Р. 157, ex. 1
1. d; 2. e; 3. a; 4. b; 5. c.
P. 158, ex. 3
1. have ... won’t be ...;
2. will survive ... protect;
3. will reduce ... recycle ... ;
4. won’t be ... stop ... don’t cut down ....
P. 159, ex. 1
The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
These words are even more appropriate today in light of our animal factories and slaughterhouses, where billions of animals never see the sun and die in agony, piece by piece. One can only imagine what Gandhi’s reaction would be to seeing calves taken away from their mothers the day that they are born and immobilized in veal crates or chickens whose beaks are seared off with a hot blade to prevent them from fighting for space in tiny, cramped cages.
More than 50 years after his death, Gandhi remains a source of wisdom and inspiration to the world. As we pray for an end to violence and terrorism, please remember his words. We may not be able to stop all the violence in the world, but we can lessen the amount of violence in our own lives.
The Earth does not belong to man; Man belongs to the Earth
These words of wisdom by Chief Seattle constitute one of my favourite Native American Indian quotes. It reminds me of some thoughts such as: humans need to remember that they do not create or sustain Mother Earth. Mother Earth creates and sustains us. Instead of seeking to dominate and control Earth, we need to respect and cooperate with Earth and our fellow inhabitants (including animals and plants).
To take care of the planet is to take care of our own house
Our planet is our home and we should take care about it. In fact it is not so difficult and everybody can do something, if he/she knows the following facts:
1. Plastic bottles are recycled into supermarket bags.
2. Glass bottles are melted down and made into new glass products.
3. A lot of trees are saved if people recycle their paper.
4. Walking to school instead of going by car is good for the environment. We know about the effect of the greenhouse gases and climate changes. So we should be more responsible about it.
P. 159, ex. 2a
Extinct - an extinct animal no longer exists.
A natural habitat is an ecological or environmental area where a specific species lives. It is the place in nature that particular species calls home.
Endangeres species - animals that are in danger of dying out.
P. 160, ex. 2b
The African elephant is hunted for its tusk.
Panda is endangered by the disappearance of bamboo.
Rhinos are killed for their horns
Sea turtles are caught for their shell and meat.
Horn is used for making jewellery.
Ivory tusks are used as a medicine.